Imagine yourself working on a large jigsaw puzzle but without the picture on the box to guide you. Although possible to do, it's certainly more challenging.
In many ways financial planning is a lot like assembling a jigsaw puzzle, only the pieces aren't available all at once, they come to be over the course of time. The puzzle itself represents the journey of life and the puzzle pieces represent the myriad of financial decisions that must be made along the way. Inevitably, there will be times when you're unsure how the various puzzle pieces in front of you fit together and the world or markets may not exactly be going along with your plans.
At Blom & Howell, we believe a successful financial life does not happen by chance, it happens by choice. For those reasons, we've developed and refined a process that helps our clients put the financial puzzle pieces together over the course of their lives. As advisors, we know people crave a relationship with a financial professional they can trust who will be in their corner when times are rough.
We take great joy in being our client's financial guide and advocate on that journey toward a lasting and secure retirement. In this way, we become more than planners, but partners in helping our clients navigate the financial challenges of life.
As advisors, our first objective is to establish great relationships with our clients so we can understand what they're working towards and what they're passionate about. Too often in our industry, there are advisors more preoccupied with making a sale than truly serving the best interest of the person in front of them. Clients are more than just an account to us, and for those reasons, we take a planning-driven rather than a sales approach with every client.
As a result of this process, we provide our clients with more than just investment advice. After all, investments represent just one piece of the financial puzzle. Whether it's helping clients strategize when to retire, maximizing Social Security benefits, addressing life insurance needs, or any other financial matter, our goal is to provide our clients objective guidance so they can make informed decisions with confidence.
• Careful planning and goal setting are essential to success and provide greater freedom, more joy, and less anxiety.
• No one can accurately predict what the stock, bond, commodity, or real estate markets will do in the short term.- Risk is everywhere
• in life and in investments. Our goal is to reduce risk wherever possible while recognizing some degree of risk will always be necessary to pursue your objectives.
• A longer perspective provides for better financial decisions.
• Seeking long-term investment success requires discipline, diversification*, and patience.
• The world is constantly changing. It's our responsibility to stay well informed on our clients' behalf.
• Knowledge is empowering: Our goal is to educate without overwhelming so our clients can make wise choices.
Investing involves risks, including the loss of principal
*There is no guarantee that a diversified portfolio will enhance overall returns or outperform a non-diversified portfolio. Diversification does not protect against market risk.
• We provide transparency of investments, fees and services
• We are committed to honest, open communications with clients
• We will provide prompt, courteous, and personal service
• If we make a mistake, we will take immediate action to correct it